Linux Fundamentals3-Day Course
- Maximum 10 people per course
- Hands-on Lab using AWS
- Detailed Course Booklet
- Classroom based
- Instructor Led
- Course completion certificates
- Lunch Provided
- * You must supply your own laptop with WiFi capabilities.
Linux, feels like it’s been around for ages and yet it’s still new to a lot of people and businesses. This Linux Fundamentals course aims to teach you the basics of Linux through to more semi-advanced administration. Based on the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) distribution and offering hands-on lab sessions, it’ll give you practical experience using the operating system from installation & configuration to security and bash scripting. Instructor led, classroom based it will prepare you for becoming a Linux System Administrator.
Course Content Summary
Linux fundamentals course summary.
This course is aimed at IT professionals who are already familiar with Linux, but want to further there knowledge towards being a Linux Sys Admin.
You’ll have a good understanding of Linux already, not a complete novice. You’re looking to get more in-depth with Linux so you can become a Linux Sys Admin and working towards a certification such as Red Hat’s RHCSA. You’re most likely exposed to Linux on a daily basis, so terminology such as bash, tar and grep all sound familiar.
What's in it for me?
The benefit of this course is the ability to Administer Linux systems and work towards a certification.
- After this course you’ll have all the skills you need to pass the Red Hat Certified System Administrator Exam.
- You’ll be able to Administer Linux systems utilising the command line.
- Have the confidence to install and configure Linux Systems.
- You’ll understand how to administer Linux in an organisation that’s already using it on multiple systems.
- You’ll be able to support users and maintain systems running Linux.
- For organisations this course will provide you with individuals capable of managing large Linux estates and out-of-hours support duties.
- You’ll be able to teach other members of your team the art of Linux administration.
Other Course Details
Here’s the non-technical info you might need to know about.
- Course is run over 3 days.
- Course starts at 9am and finishes at 4. We may overrun if we’ve taken longer to get through the labs and discussions.
- Lunch, Coffee and Tea are all provided.
- Course is limited to 10 people to allow a more focused learning experience.
- A Certificate will be issued at the end of the course
I’ve been a Linux System Administrator for over 10 years and have been using Unix/Linux based Operating Systems for 20+ years. Hopefully that’s given me some experience which I can impart and help you learn the different areas common for a Sys Admin. We’ll cover a lot of ground on this course and I’ll try fitting in those key elements that will help you become a Linux Sys Admin.